EVENTS & ACTIVITIES
Even though a week on the slopes and trails will rush by, there is plenty more to see and experience in Salla. The jets and massage treatments at the spa help you wind down after a day of adventure, the Reindeer Park will introduce you to the grand reindeer, and the Weekly Programme has plenty of activities particularly for families with children. Salla is also the venue for a number of slalom competitions throughout the season, more information about these can be found from the Event Calendar.
Don’t forget to bring your camera. The dancing Northern Lights in the night sky is a spectacular sight, and help capturing these can be sought from photography courses and guided trips.
If you’re looking for mass events and carnivals, you’re in the wrong place, elsewhere have plenty of these. Here you will discover the contrast of something much rarer; wild and untouched wilderness tranquillity everywhere you look!
Weekly competitions, just for fun
Mondays: 2 p.m. Sledging competition on the front slope sledging hill. FREE OF CHARGE.
Tuesdays: 2 p.m. Dumle slalom competition for children under 12 years on the family slope. FREE OF CHARGE.
Wednesdays: 2 p.m. Dumle Stiga Toboggan Race on the Eturinne slope sledging hill. FREE OF CHARGE.
Thursdays: 2 p.m. Dumle speed run competition at the Itärinne slope speed checkpoint. FREE OF CHARGE. (weeks 2-5)
Sundays: 2 p.m. Dumle speed run competition at the Itärinne slope speed checkpoint. FREE OF CHARGE. (weeks 6->)
Salla Resort is the brightest star of the wilderness. Salla has outstanding opportunities for experiencing the wilderness of Lapland with activities. Spectacular Northern Lights show either as a natural evening spectacle or the best shots shown as a multimedia presentation. Snowmobile, reindeer and husky safaris give you a breathtaking experience of the wilderness…
Holiday Club Salla Spa
Bright and entertaining, the tropical warmth of the spa will relax you after a day of activities. Massage jets heal aching muscles and the fell highland views are so pleasing to the eye, that everyday worries are sure to disappear. In the fitness pool you can swim distances, enjoy the massaging jets of the recreation pool, with the waterfalls and Jacuzzis making you feel like you are in a dream. The children’s pool is for the kids to have fun.
The Northern Lights Spa has four different pools:children’s pool, recreation pool with its waterfalls and massaging jets, Jacuzzi and the 16-metre fitness pool.
Separate spacious dressing rooms and saunas for men and women.
The fitness pool offers possibilities for aqua jogging, swimming school for children and swimming technique instruction for adults. A variety of water toys and swim floats are available for children. Towels and swimsuits can be rented from Reception.
Momenta provides relaxing foot treatments, foot therapies, relaxing massage for the back, shoulders, arms and head, hot chocolate massages, etc. Appointments Henna Uutela tel. +358 40 55 11 896
More programmes for children. Ski School organises more events for children than ever before for the coming winter season. The mascot of the Salla Ski Resort, the Slalom-Sasu bear will be seen on the slopes even more than before. Come and meet Sasu at the ski slope events!
The ski jumping sling, once invented by Finnish celebrity Spede Pasanen, has been totally revamped for skiers in the Salla Ski Resort. The profile of the ski jumping sling was fine for a downhill approach, but with its new profile for the coming winter season, you don’t have to be an extreme skier to enjoy it. The ski jumping sling is marked in black on the ski slope map with the number 1.5 and is located on the southern edge of the Eturinne slope. Come and try it out.
26.11.2016 Slopes are open at 10.00
3. -4.12.2016 FIS slalom competition
3.12.2016 Season opener
3.3.2017 Dumle Go Snow event
30.3.3017 Finnish Slalom Championships: 80 year anniversary competition
31.2.2017 FIS slalom competition
1. -3.4.2017 Finnish Championship Slalom and Giant Slalom competitions for 14 and 16-year olds
The Haglöfs Suomi Slalom competition involves skiing down a rather easy, giant slalom-style run. Great product prizes are awarded for the best three skiers in each of the competition series. In addition, product prizes are drawn among all competition participants.
The Haglöfs Suomi Slalom competitons 9.2. 16.2. 23.2. 2.3. 9.3. 16.3. 23.3. 29.3. 6.4. 13.4.
- 27.03.2017 VauhtiWerneri hiihtokoulu
- 27.03.2017 LumiWerneri hiihtokoulu
- 27.03.2017 LuLaWerneri
- 28.03.2017 Lumilautailun alkeiskurssi
- 29.03.2017 Reindeer driver´s licence 10 €
- 29.03.2017 Safari to Ruuhitunturi
- 29.03.2017 Husky Safari in a local farm, (5km
- 29.03.2017 Opastettu museokierros
- 29.03.2017 Reindeer feeding trip by snowmobile sledge Salla reindeer park
- 29.03.2017 Suomi Slalom viikkokilpailu
- 29.03.2017 Children gym (5 - 7 yrs.)
- 29.03.2017 Spinning
- 29.03.2017 Karaoke
- 30.03.2017 Reindeer safari 3 h Salla Reindeer park
- 30.03.2017 Husky Safari in a local farm, (5km
- 30.03.2017 80 years celebration race; FIS
- 30.03.2017 Reindeer safari 1 hour
- 30.03.2017 Dumle Stiga-kisa
- 30.03.2017 Kuntojumppa, yleinen
- 30.03.2017 Guided gym
- 30.03.2017 Keho ja tunteet - luento Rajakievarissa
- 30.03.2017 Lappish hut evening
- 31.03.2017 Reindeer driver´s licence 10 €
- 31.03.2017 80 years celebration race; FIS slalom race
- 31.03.2017 Husky Safari in a local farm, (5km
- 31.03.2017 Lapp Hut Safari
- 31.03.2017 Reindeer feeding trip by snowmobile sledge Salla reindeer park
- 31.03.2017 Senioreiden kuntosali
- 31.03.2017 Floor ball for men
- 31.03.2017 Northern Light Sleigh Ride
- 31.03.2017 Band James Brown & the Hetfield's
- 01.04.2017 Guided snowshoetrip to the bigger Sallatunturi with Sallan Latu
- 01.04.2017 Husky Safari in a local farm, (5km
- 01.04.2017 Birthday of the Museum of War and Reconstruction
- 01.04.2017 80 years celebration race; national championship slalom race U14 U16
- 02.04.2017 Husky Safari in a local farm, (5km
- 02.04.2017 80 years celebration race; national championship slalom race U14 U16
- 02.04.2017 Dumle Speed Race
- 03.04.2017 Husky Safari in a local farm, (5km
- 03.04.2017 VauhtiWerneri hiihtokoulu
- 03.04.2017 80 years celebration race; national championship slalom race U14 U16
- 03.04.2017 Snowshoe trip to a ice wall 4 hour Salla Reindeer park
- 03.04.2017 Senioreiden kuntosali
- 03.04.2017 LumiWerneri hiihtokoulu
- 03.04.2017 LuLaWerneri
- 03.04.2017 Senioreiden kuntosali
- 03.04.2017 Sled race for everyone
- 03.04.2017 Spinning-fitness training
- 03.04.2017 Karaoke
- 04.04.2017 Husky Safari in a local farm, (5km
- 04.04.2017 Dumle slalom race
- 04.04.2017 Lumilautailun alkeiskurssi
- 04.04.2017 Functional training
- 04.04.2017 Kehonhuoltoa aikuisille
- 04.04.2017 Guided gym
- 04.04.2017 Troubadour Juha Mieskonen
- 05.04.2017 Reindeer driver´s licence 10 €
- 05.04.2017 Husky Safari in a local farm, (5km
- 05.04.2017 Opastettu museokierros
- 05.04.2017 Reindeer feeding trip by snowmobile sledge Salla reindeer park
- 05.04.2017 Dumle Stiga race
- 05.04.2017 Children gym (5 - 7 yrs.)
- 05.04.2017 Spinning
- 06.04.2017 Solo in Salla - event for Solo travellers
- 06.04.2017 Reindeer safari 3 h Salla Reindeer park
- 06.04.2017 Husky Safari in a local farm, (5km
- 06.04.2017 Slalom Basics Course
- 06.04.2017 Suomi Slalom viikkokilpailu
- 06.04.2017 Kuntojumppa, yleinen
- 06.04.2017 Guided gym
- 06.04.2017 Lappish hut evening
- 06.04.2017 Troubadour Juha Mieskonen
- 07.04.2017 Reindeer driver´s licence 10 €
- 07.04.2017 Husky Safari in a local farm, (5km
- 07.04.2017 Reindeer feeding trip by snowmobile sledge Salla reindeer park
- 07.04.2017 Senioreiden kuntosali
- 07.04.2017 Basic Course in Crosscountry skating
- 07.04.2017 Night in the wilderness; spent a night in a traditional base camp
- 07.04.2017 Floor ball for men
- 08.04.2017 Husky safari 2 h Salla Reindeer park
- 08.04.2017 Husky Safari in a local farm, (5km
- 08.04.2017 Snowboard Basic Course
- 08.04.2017 Snowmobile Safari
- 08.04.2017 Traffic Light Disco
- 09.04.2017 Husky Safari in a local farm, (5km
- 09.04.2017 Dumle Speed Race
- 09.04.2017 Niin paljon kuuluu rakkauteen -konsertti Sallan Poropuistossa
- 10.04.2017 VauhtiWerneri hiihtokoulu
- 10.04.2017 Snowshoe trip to a ice wall 4 hour Salla Reindeer park
- 10.04.2017 Senioreiden kuntosali
- 10.04.2017 LumiWerneri hiihtokoulu
- 10.04.2017 LuLaWerneri
- 10.04.2017 Senioreiden kuntosali
- 10.04.2017 Sled race for everyone
- 10.04.2017 Spinning-fitness training
- 10.04.2017 Karaoke
- 11.04.2017 Dumle slalom race
- 11.04.2017 Lumilautailun alkeiskurssi
- 11.04.2017 Functional training
- 11.04.2017 Kehonhuoltoa aikuisille
Salla is easy to reach!
The nearest airports are located in Kuusamo and Rovaniemi. Kuusamo Airport offers a return bus transfer for Salla for almost every scheduled Finnair and Blue1 flight. You can travel by train to Kemijärvi, from which there is a return transfer for the Salla Ski Resort, with the exception of public holidays. The car journey from Helsinki to Salla covers approximately 900 kilometres. You can find your own driving directions on this map.
For more information about airport transfers and other transportation, see http://loma.salla.fi/fi/kulkuyhteydet/
The distances from Salla Ski Resort
Helsinki 986 km
Turku 950 km
Tampere 780 km
Joensuu 560 km
Rovaniemi 160 km
Kuusamo 100 km
Kemijärvi 67 km
Shops & Services
The resort has all the basic services visitors need, but more shops and services are available in the Salla village, only 10 kilometres from the resort. The food shops, specialised stores, banks and post office in the Salla village serve customers throughout the year.